Mobile Makerspace Launch Events 2016
Wyoming, ON - Lambton County Library's Mobile Makerspace is coming to all branch libraries this year. Launch events have been planned at local community centres and libraries throughout January and February to showcase the Mobile Makerspace and demonstrate the equipment available including 3D printing, button making and a variety of robotics.
People of all ages are welcomed to attend and connect with the equipment, technology, and tools involved in the Mobile Makerspace. The collection will be spread out throughout the libraries and rotated between the branches on a timely basis.
A wide variety of programs and workshops will also begin at branches in March. Programs are defined as planned events by library staff or community groups on the theme of making. Workshops are training sessions for the public on how to use the various Makerspace technologies safely and independently. Classroom visits are also available.
While Makerspace is free to use, with a library card, a nominal fee may be necessary to cover the costs of certain consumables.
January Launch Events:
• Wednesday, January 18 - 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Lambton County Council Chambers, Wyoming
• Saturday, January 21 - 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Maawn Doosh Guming Community Centre, Aamjiwnaang
• Monday, January 23 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Brooke Central School, Alvinston
• Thursday, January 26 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Alvinston Library
• Monday, January 30 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Dawn-Euphemia School
• Tuesday, January 31 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Dawn-Euphemia Community Centre, Florence
February Launch Events:
• Thursday, February 2 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Lambton Centennial School, Petrolia
• Saturday, February 4 - 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Thedford Legacy Centre
• Monday, February 6 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Kettle & Stony Point First Nation Public Library
• Thursday, February 9 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. North Lambton Secondary School, Forest
• Friday, February 10 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Bright's Grove School
• Saturday, February 11 - 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Oil Heritage District Community Centre, Petrolia
• Wednesday, February 15 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Wyoming Library
• Thursday, February 16 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Lambton Central Collegiate Vocational Institute, Petrolia
• Saturday, February 18 - 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Mooretown Sports Complex
• Thursday, February 23 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Brigden School
• Friday, February 24 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. East Lambton School, Watford
• Saturday, February 25 - 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Watford Library
• Monday, February 27 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Bridgeview School, Point Edward
Financial support for the Makerspace project has been provided through the partnership of the Ontario Library Capacity Fund offered through the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture & Sport and the County of Lambton.