Historic Lambton Photo Booth 2017
Wyoming, ON - Lambton County Library's Mobile Makerspace is partnering with Lambton County Archives to put a historical spin on some of its programming, with the Historic Lambton Photo Booth.
The audio/visual component of Mobile Makerspace, which includes a green screen, now features historical photos such as the construction of the first Bluewater Bridge, a barn raising in Warwick Township, and a Grand Bend beach scene.
"This program allows participants to be part of a historical picture and travel back in time," says Vanitia Campbell, Children's Coordinator (Makerspace) for Lambton County Library. "Participants have their photo taken against the green screen background which allows the image to acquire a transparent background. The photo is then combined with one of the historical photos so it looks like the participant is part of the photograph."
Previous backgrounds included Canadian landscapes in celebration of Canada's 150th anniversary.
The one-hour program will be offered at the libraries listed below. Pre-registration is required by contacting the individual branch.
- Tuesday, October 17 at 4:30 p.m. - Watford Library (519-876-2204)
- Thursday, October 19 at 7:00 p.m. - Courtright Library (519-867-2712)
- Wednesday, November 1 at 3:30 p.m. - Wyoming Library (519-845-0181)
- Monday, November 6 at 3:30 p.m. - Wyoming Library (519-845-0181)
- Tuesday, November 7 at 4:30 p.m. - Sombra Library (519-892-3711)
- Saturday, November 18 at 10:00 a.m. - Port Lambton Library (519-677-5217)
- Wednesday, November 29 at 6:00 p.m. - Mandaumin Library (519-383-8085)
- Monday, December 11 at 4:00 p.m. - Mallroad Library (519-542-2580)
- Wednesday, December 13 at 6:00 p.m. - Wilkesport Library (519-864-4000)
- Wednesday, December 20 at 4:00 p.m. - Mallroad Library (519-542-2580)
Participants are also encouraged to share what they love about Lambton County or why they chose the background, for a chance to have their photo featured in the Library's bi-monthly magazine, 'In the Loop'.
For more information on Mobile Makerspace programs, visit www.lclibrary.ca.