Beginner Drawing Workshops Offered
Wyoming, ON - Lambton County Library will offer drawing workshops for beginners with London artist Karlene Ryan this fall.
"These programs are intended for tweens who are interested in learning to draw, but teens and adults are welcome to attend as well," said Lise Babcock, Children's Services Coordinator for Lambton County Library. "Students, using simple shapes, measurement and observation skills, as well as techniques to create texture."
Listed below are the drawing programs and availability in libraries. Programs are for ages 8 to adult, unless otherwise specified. Pre-registration is required by contacting the individual library.
People for Beginners
- Wyoming Library (519-845-0181) - Monday, November 8 - 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Date Changed: Petrolia Library (519-882-0771) - Saturday, November 25, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (was Nov. 18)
Pond Animals and Plant Life
- Camlachie Library (Adult) (519-899-2202) - Monday, November 8, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Date changed: Mallroad Library (519-542-2580) - Saturday, November 25, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. (was Nov. 18)
- Oil Springs Library (519-834-2670) - Thursday, November 23, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
People in Action
- Courtright Library (519-867-2712) - Thursday, November 23, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Ms. Ryan is a freelance illustrator, courtroom sketch artist and fine artist. She draws freehand using traditional methods as well as a digital drawing tablet. She is a graduate of art programs at Sheridan College in Oakville as well as OCAD University's (Ontario College of Art & Design) Illustration and design program.