Lambton County Library has 26 branches providing a variety of free services to the public including programming and internet access.
All public libraries in Lambton County belong to one library system. By working together, we reduce duplication and provide a more cost effective library service. We share a central administration, bulk purchasing power, expertise, training, resources and more.
Our strength is in resource sharing. Regular exchanges of materials and interbranch loans are the cornerstones of our service to you.
We share resources with public libraries across Ontario through interlibrary loan.
The Lambton County Library began in 1932 as the Lambton County Library Association. The Association was based on a partnership between 14 member libraries and conducted its business from the Sarnia Public Library. Thirteen years later, the library became a cooperative and moved to Wyoming, with a new Headquarters opening in 1950.
In 1967, the Lambton County Library was officially established with 19 independent libraries across the County merging to form one administration with one budget.
In 1991, the County of Lambton assumed responsibility for library services in Sarnia and Point Edward as a result of the Sarnia-Lambton Act. A new Library Headquarters was built in 1992 and continues to be housed in Wyoming, Ontario.